Education and Training
Below is our guide to the GOC's new enhanced CET scheme, which began on 1 January 2013.
You will find a summary of the main requirements and information on how to obtain your points while getting the most out of your continuing professional development.
New CET requirements You must:
- Gain 36 points over the three-year cycle from 1 January 2013 to 31 December 2015
- Gain at least six points a year
- Gain at least half of your general points through interactive learning, which involves some sort of communication with your peers or experts.
- This can include distance learning which features an interactive element, for example discussion forums or webinars
- Take part in at least one peer review or discussion during the three years (you will gain three points for taking part in and reflecting on such a session)
- Gain points in all eight optometry competency units during the three-year cycle complete your CET within the three-year cycle – there will be no automatic shortfall period.
Attending Wolves LOC's Annual Training Day in January will start your year with up to 9 CET points including a Peer Discussion.